Coquille Moon

Minutes after a stunning pink sunset looking west over the mouth of the Coquille River near Bandon, Oregon, I turned around to look up-river. The river was quiet, there was mist low on the other side of the river, and the reflection of the Moon was beautiful. This was taken around 7:45pm, so I think this was officially during Blue Hour.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D750 with 70-200mm lens.
1/8 second, f/4, 130mm, ISO 100. On a tripod

I did a lot of spot healing in Photoshop along the lower edge of the frame, to remove road guardrails. I was shooting from across the road, since there wasn’t enough room to stand on the other side of the road to get the unobstructed view. It was getting dark too, and I wasn’t wearing high visibility clothing!

1 Like

Mark, this is terrific. I love the reflection…it even looks like you can see the surface features of the moon in the reflection. Very cool. I think the mist adds a great deal of mystery. Wonderful composition and image.

1 Like

Excellent! I love the blue and gold, and the very interesting FG. The reflection is very interesting and the bit of cloud around the moon is a lovely touch.

The cooler color & darkness of this entire scene really brings the highlight and warmth of the moon out very nicely, Mark. Excellent work.

Thank you @David_Bostock , @Diane_Miller , and @Paul_Breitkreuz . It is a quiet scene. I’m glad you like it.

1 Like

Mark, the blue/gold mix is excellent. You’ve got enough detail in the land for it to work well with the size of the moon. The details in the moon and that great reflection streak are great also. This is nicely moody and contemplative.

1 Like