Cardinal landing

What technical feedback would you like if any?any any and all. background blurred enough?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: taken at texas ranch. suet used to attract the wild birds.

iso 2000 400 mm 8.0 1/3200 sec
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
7 Likes

Man! This is a “wall hanger” for sure. The colorful branch, spectacular bird and pose, bokeh. What’s not to like?

Another great cardinal shot. The background looks fine and the colorful foliage adds a lot to the image. Great pose and excellent wing detail. My only nit would be lack of much eye contact, but, yeah, a wall hanger as Dave said.

1 Like

Love this. The contrast between the red and yellow is eye catching for sure!

Frank, I really like the simplicity of this image better than your earlier post. The branch scale and colors work with and compliment the bird without distracting the focus. Bokeh works as does the increased shutter speed…good, good, good…all works together perfectly.

Another beautiful Cardinal landing image, Frank. The lighting is really great for this one. All these Cardinals have gorgeous color.

Another great cardinal image, Frank. Love the wings spread open like that, and the feet ready to clamp down on the limb. Perfect timing.

This is very nice. It would be nice to know more about the environment and how this was captured. It feels very pristine and without any other words to go along with it, my honest first reaction is this is a bird that was called in. Of course I could be completely wrong and if so, my apologies. Adding some words and context and what you’d like feedback on would be helpful.

Keith, as i stated in my original posting (see above), it was taken at a texas ranch and that suet was used. at the ranch the birds are mostly drawn to the water holes that are there. and suet is used to get the birds to the perches. if there is additional info i should be providing, please let me know. and if these postings are inappropriate for NPN, also please let me know that too. after reading the rules for avian postings, i thought they would be ok.

Hi Frank: Thanks for the clarification. My mistake that I didn’t see the info on the Texas Ranch and Suet. Perfectly fine to post here on NPN. I appreciate your reply and my bad for not seeing the details.

Beautiful shot Frank, it captures the action perfectly. The background is also very well handled. Nice work…

Stunning shot Frank! Definitely one for the portfolio!!!

Gorgeous image, Frank!

I love this image, Frank! Lovely colours, great composition and a sense of motion and activity. I agree with Allen that an angle which would have revealed a bit of eye would really have capped it, but what the hell, this is a great image, and I’d be happy to have it hanging in my living room. Philip