Carolina Wren bathing

This Carolina Wren liked to bath in the waterfall of my pond. A conventional comp. would lose most of both the flying water and the falling water. (R5, 100-500 @ 500, 1/2000s, f/10, iso 1600, tripod, 68% FF)

2 Likes

Really nice, Mark. Sharp with good details throughout, and fun behavior. Well done.

A little cutie there in the water. I like the splashes and waterfall adding to the story

A rare opportunity on this type of scene being so animated with the flinging water, Mark. The relaxed look and feeling of the Wren seems very inviting especially with the world wide blast furnace we call the “heat wave”…UGH!

Mark, I love it! The wet feathers, the splashing of the water and the waterfall, all makes for a very nice image. The composition works for me, as she doesn’t look like she has any intentions of needing space to leave this wonderful cool spot she has found. Nice.

This all comes together. I am enjoying the composition with the bird in the upper left-hand corner. The water texture is wonderful. And all the flying water droplets put the whole thing together.

I like all the energy that this capture has. The upright head position, the waterfall and the spray all work well together to express that feeling of motion.