Carolina Wren

Here is an image recently taken from the backyard set up. The leaves are falling here - that’s what you see in the background.

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600mm C @600, tripod
ISO 400, f10, 1/1000s

Any comments appreciated

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I agree with you, its nice to see species not native to one’s own region of the country. Nice pose and excellent detail against a pleasing background. Well done.

Allen, I love this. The background just compliments the Wren’s colors so nicely. The details in the bird are really nice, and I like the perch he is on, but best of all, is how he is looking upward for you. Quite the pose. :+1::+1:

The thing that strikes me most about this image is the color palette. Very pleasing to view. The pose is great as well. Nicely captured.

Excellent detail, Allen, and that pose is just wonderful. Great separation from the background as well. A smaller perch might have been nice, but they land where they will. A fine image.

Allen, nice dynamic pose. Also love the background having the same palette as the bird. Because so much of the image is a similar hue and value, it may help to use a slight vignette to hold the viewer in the photo.