Carolina Wren

What technical feedback would you like if any? I do like the BG on this shot.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Comp? I did not want to crop any more as I felt that image IQ would be tested. I like the simple composition, reminds me of a George M. Sutton watercolor.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 200-400mm f4 (1/1000 sec at f7.1, ISO 1600). Crop for comp, Levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast, Topaz DeNoise AI…Jim

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Gorgeous shot. Beautiful bird against perfect background and nothing distracts from that. If anything, I would sharpen the head a little bit. Other than that, love it!
Grt, Ingrid.

Jim, this is a nice look at the Carolina Wren. The BG really compliments him and makes him stand out nicely.

1 Like

Excellent detail, Jim, and I love the brown color palette. It suits the bird superbly. The head turn also shows off the beak nicely. Well done.

2 Likes

A really nice simple little shot that really works well. The wren looks nice and relaxed. Lovely bg colors and very nice pose on the wren. A dandy beak on the little wren.

1 Like

Superb color and light here. I like the way the BG mirrors the wren color. SBS (simple but sweet)

Beautiful portrait. The colors of the bird perfectly match the BG. Simple, as you say, but beautiful.

Nicely composed. Good detail and background.

1 Like