Carolina Wren

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all suggestions

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Resting Chipping Sparrow at f8, ISO 320, 1,500 sec, at 560mm with canon 5ds-r, and 200x400mm lens with 1.4x extension tube.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

This is a very nice close-up look. I like the pose and the colors you captured. Detail looks good. There seems to be something going on with the background and some haloing around the bird, but I’m not expert enough to say exactly what’s going on or why. Maybe others can chime in.
I think this is either, depending where you live, a Bewick’s Wren (west) or Carolina Wren (east).

Hi Wayne . This is definitely a wren as Allen noted. I also see the banding in the background and some loss of detail in the bird in the larger image. Was this a large crop? I have seen banding in the backgrounds of other images. Unfortunately, I can’t drag the common causes out of my memory bank.

Hi, I reviewed the Carolina Wren and believe the banding may be from transferring this photo between hard drives many times. Thanks for your suggestion as I will put more effort in reviewing my shots zoom out more for artifacts etc. When initially posting I did not notice the artifact at the bottom but I now see the banding throughout the background. If either of you think of a cause of he banding please let me know.
Thanks,
Wayne