Carolina wren

Love these cute little guys

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Nice head turn and detail. Background works well with the wren and perch. I could see a crop to remove the end of the branch and maybe the branch coming out at the bottom.

So do I! Lovely detail in the bird and the BG picks up the colors of both the bird and perch.

I’m debating about the end of the perch that exits the frame. It’s somehow more noticeable because it is right at the corner, and because of the detail there. I’m wondering about a slight crop from the right.

I think this is a very nice image. The pose is very nice and I like the branch, except for the upper right end that just sadly sticks out like a sore thumb. I wouldn’t crop it as it would affect the overall composition too much. Just clone it to match the rest. I also think the bird could use a touch more light. Here’s an example to see what you think of both ideas.

Very good, Eddie. I didn’t even notice the end of the perch, but it probably does look better fixed up. For my taste, the original brightness of the bird works, but it depends on what the day was like.

Great shot Eddie. I like Keith’s clone of the perch. But I prefer your lighting…

I also like the tail sticking up like that.

Well done with respect to light, pose, and background. Keith did a good job removing a distracting element.

A very obliging wren that you captured out in the open. I do like the original lighting, but prefer Keith’s treatment of the branch for the final version. This will make a wonderful print and well worth the effort. Well done…Jim