Cascade

I needed to consider the comments from Ols @Ola_Jovall more fully than in my prior re-post. In this re-post, I de-cluttered the lower right quite a bit.

Hanging down a cliff facing north to the Straits of Juan da Fuca was this delightful blackberry, framed nicely in alder branches.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any improvements are most welcome, as I would like to show this as a print sometime.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5DIII EF100mm f/2.8L
Photoshop for tonality

1 Like

I’m liking what I’m seeing from the smaller thumbnail but the larger image is not loading for me.

Hmmmm. me neither. Will repost

Seems to work ok now. Failed for me also earlier.

I am enjoying this little scene. Nicely done.

Dick, I really like this type of small slices of the nature and you have captured a great one! As you asked, here are a few ideas of minor adjustments:

• In the uppger left part there is a darker area that actually have leaves in it. Eventually, you could make this area somewhat brighter showing some of the green colors but at the same time keep some of the contrast towards the main leaf-covered branches.
  • For me the LRC is the least interesting part, maybe it could be darkened somewhat.

Please continue to post these type of images!

Tack, Ola. Very helpful suggestions.

With the re-post, Ola, I responded to your thoughts by bringing out some detail in ULC. In the LRC I went the opposite from your suggestion of darkening, and brought out some of the dead fern detail, so it is not such a dark area there.