Cascade of leaves

I visit the Svaneholm castle and its surroundings from time to time, I have previously posted some images from these visits. Here is one more taken 1 month ago.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/9, 1/125, ISO 400, Olympus lens 75 mm (150 mm equiv.), Olympus travel camera PEN E-P7

2 Likes

Ola, What a nice image. I think if you lighten the tree trunks a bit you get a more balanced image.

1 Like

It took me a while to figure out what you’re after but yes, I like this very much. It’s an artistic creation. The dominant three dark trunks diverge and have a skewed look to them which I find attractive (rather than a full frontal shot that we normally see). They make it look as though coming towards you and then veering to the side. And then over them you have contrasting yellow and green sweeping shapes that go in the opposite direction. The green leaves have a nice shape but give darkness to a considerable area. I wonder if raising those darks slightly would help or hurt the image. So basically, the overall design, the composition, is really great in this image. It’s a little dark but that’s a personal choice for the mood you wish to give it.

1 Like

Those three trunks anchor the image but I wish there is a little more depth in the image. Maybe, just maybe, different tonality for different layers of leaves?

1 Like