Sunlit leaves (rework)

REWORK based on comments

Last weekend during a walk at the Svaneholm lake, close to the Svaneholm castle situated at the southern part of Sweden, I came across these sunlit leaves situated some distance into the woods. I deliberately darkended the tree trunks, not letting their texture add to the chaos.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/9, 1/60, ISO 400, Olympus lens 75 mm (equiv. 150 mm), travel camera Olympus PEN E-P7

1 Like

Ola, like the lighting and how you darkened to frame this. For me one thing that takes away is the, what appears to be, motion in the leaves/branches.

I think this is a fantastic image Ola. I just love it. It’s mysterious in some ways and alluring in others. I love that black diagonal going boldly across. It’s hard to explain why this one stands out really. There’s an artistic sense to it. Even though we all know what it is there is an abstract quality to it as well. I sort of agree with the movement issue in the front center. The bright leaf that crosses the dark trunk on the righ: I would darken its highlights.

The strong dark diagonal is intriguing. It is a barrier for me at first but I start to enjoy it. I agree with the others about the blurriness of the leaves in the FG. In the small thumbnail though, Ola, the light filtering through the leaves and the strong diagonal stand out and create a very captivating image.

@Igor_Doncov, @Adhika_Lie and @Mario_Cornacchione thanks for your kind comments. I will see if I can do anything regarding the bluriness of the leaves in the FG.

I love the light, colors and contrast here Ola, it’s very dramatic looking. Those glowing leaves are a beacon of light in the gloom of the forest. I love everything about this image, except for the diagonal trunk in the ULC. I have a hard time not seeing it as a barrier, and in some ways I think it un-balances the composition. Sorry just my opinion…

I have added a rework at the top, also considering some of the other comments given. @Mario_Cornacchione @Adhika_Lie @Igor_Doncov

1 Like