Cat and Mouse

This image was taken in my garden, the mouse WAS rescued seconds after the picture was taken.

Technical Details

Composite: No
I hate composites and NEVER use them

2 Likes

It’s a fun image - well maybe not so fun for the mouse. :slight_smile: Color looks great and the cat is nice and sharp, although the mouse is a bit soft. You’ve given no tech details but I’m assuming your DOF was a bit shallow since the grass near him is also soft. I’d also like a touch more room above the cat’s head.

A very neat image, Dave. I agree with Terri on a bit more room on the top, but that’s minor considering the action portrayed. The detail in the cat is excellent.

I find when taking images like these, it is often a case of shoot now and see what you have after, I do agree about the cats head, but IF i had hung around composing I suspect the mouse would have moved. As for Technical details, I honestly as a professional photographer for many years never got into recording tech data, just the image, and lifelong habits are hard to change, soory

A real game of cat and mouse. A nice simple image that tells a big story especially for the mouse. It would have been nice to have everything in focus but things must have been happening fairly fast.

1 Like

This is why often photography is luck as well as skill, I had no time to set up the shot, and the poor mouse needed to be rescued as well as photographed :slight_smile: