Catching a flying fish?

Specific Feedback Requested

XXX

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R 5; 500 mm lens; ISO 100; 1/2000 sec. at F 5.

jagdeeprajputphotographie
7 Likes

Not much to say about this one, other than HOLY COW!!! Amazing photography. The look on the fish is the icing on the cake!

2 Likes

Superb catch on your part, Jagdeep. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fish at right angles to the beak like that. It makes for a very compelling image. Well done.

1 Like

That is really special!! Such a dynamic image. The fish angle to the bird is just awesome. Congrats on a great image!!!

1 Like

Wow! What a shot! Perfect timing, composition, everything. Even a nice smooth BG to make the subjects pop. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Amazing “catch” here on this one, J…No doubt a chance of a life time image photographed perfectly too… :+1: :+1:

1 Like

It’s perfect. Even the little droplets here and there are nice touches that help you say, “yes, it is tack sharp.” :wink:

1 Like

I’ll add my own kudos to what’s already been said. Fantastic shot.

1 Like

Agree with all, great shot. I’ve actually seen this play out down in Florida. A great blue heron had caught a fish sideways, then flipped in the air so it turned around and went straight down his long neck.

1 Like

This is absolutely stunning Jagdeep. The eyes of the fish and predator, all at close range, are tack sharp. The open mouth of the bird and the apparent sideways look on the fishes face tell a dynamic story here. The background is beautiful. The drop of water between the beak of the bird is a nice little touch and the pose is just striking. One of the best bird images I’ve seen in a long time.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
Only in India can now see fish fly. Vey cool and thank you for this photograph.
Peter

1 Like

Thank you so much friends, for kind comments :pray:, I’m touched :heavy_heart_exclamation:

This is a price winning image i.m.h.o. - what a moment you captured here… Well done & congrats, Hans

1 Like