Cedar Plank Driftwood Topography

Description: Curious as to what others see in this driftwood canvas. I see Homer Simpsons Wife and a girl sitting on a chair. . . .

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5dMkIII with 180mm Macro lens at 1/80sec, f 9 and ISO 800 against a black background.

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) Not a Composite.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

elwise44

Hello John! I love the swirls at the end of this piece of wood. They really make the image for me. You might be able to crop a bit away from the right side, but then again, probably not because of the second prong at the top. I could see warming up the wood to bring out some richness although it is drift wood and what you have here probably resembles reality pretty accurately.

I guess you could find a lot of different things in the detailed pattern, but for me the overall shape reminds me of the front half of a fish.

Thanks David and Ola, I too thought of a fish when I started working with this.
Wayne

1 Like

Wayne, I guess I made my comments on this one in another category. It looks pretty much the same anyway. It does remind me of a fish, in the shape of it. A nice find.