Charlestown Marsh 2 Black and White

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

This image was made with a toy drone the equivalent of a Holga Plastic film Camera. This is an aesthetic that was very popular with fine art photographers in the past similar to the pinhole cameras school.
The point I am trying to make is that many or maybe all different visions can be valid.
Can NPN critiques be open to blown-out white’s soft focus not following the rule of thirds etc?
My belief is that photography is a true fine art, and just like painting many different schools are valid.
Your thoughts.
Thanks
Steve

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Specific Feedback

Emotion as in poetry is my goal. If five viewers have five different reactions I have achieved my goal.
Your thoughts
Thanks again
Steve

Steve, I’m enjoying the long view across this marsh and the scattered birds. I think the blown highlights and surrounding glow of the more distant birds adds well the the sense of depth. In fact the glow around the birds in the middle distance reminds me of the Orton effect that has been often used by photographers.