Chasing the storm

Early morning, day trip traveling from the Keys to Miami. Made my driver (hubby) stop on the bridge and took the shot using the truck window sill for a tripod. It is called “Chasing the storm” as a day later I lost my ‘driver’ of 53 years in a tragic vehicle accident in Key West. He was a powerful soul and the image is an allegory of our life together.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and every critique is welcomed.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Taken with Leica M10-P, Summilux-M 35 FLE, f13, 1/180, ISO100. Processed in LR.

1 Like

Oh Patty I’m so sorry. That is tragic. I hope this shot serves as a reminder of the time you had together and the love you shared.

In terms of the photo - it’s dramatic for sure. The intense aqua of the water and sky provides an overall hopeful aspect; a cheerful color for sure. So the contrast with the deeper blue and gray of the left cloudscape is quite a change. I think the polarizer you used may have been cranked a bit too far - the URC suffers from over-polarization and thus is a little weird. Maybe try working that area with some color sliders and dehaze and see if you can even it out. Otherwise, I really like it and see why you made your driver stop.

1 Like

Patty, I am very sorry for your loss. I hope this image brings only good memories for you. I like it quite a bit. Good color a bit of drama. Nice.

1 Like

I first did this image first in black and white and actually liked it better as it seems more dramatic/moody. Tried it in color to get exactly this type of critique. I liked the shades of blue and turquoise in the water and need help with color processing. Thanks for that. To all: All this feedback is unseen in “social platforms”. Glad to have found you.

Patty, I too am sorry to hear of your immeasurable loss. This image is beautiful in its simple composition. I find the ripples in the beautiful turquoise water leading my eyes off to infinity, under a stormy sky. It seems very poignant.
This is such a beautiful scene.

1 Like