Checking out the bath

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Does the exposure and saturation look right on the Towhee?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

This pose is a bit odd. Does it resonate with you?

Any pertinent technical details:

Spotted Towhee. 7Dii, Sigma 150-600 C @ 516 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick, F8 1/320, iso 1600, aperture priority, pattern metering, -1 EV. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 12.3 MP. Taken at 8:30 am on September 9th under partly cloudy skies.

The technical details regarding the Towhee look good; the colors seem natural and there’s good detail. I like the composition with the water and perch and nice background. The pose suggests the bird is staring intently at something. It’s hard to say if more of a head turn would have been better.

Excellent job on the color in the unshaded black and white plumage. I like the pose, the setting, and the water. I might try the adjustment brush on the black plumage in the shade to see if possible to bring out a little more detail.

Hi Dennis
I think blacks and whites look good, as for the head turn I have found it is hard to get birds to take directions.
Nice work.
Peter

Hello, Dennis,
Exposure on the bird looks fine to me. It’s pose may be even more interesting is a vertical crop. Fine shot ! Hans

Nice colors all around. I have yet to add one of these to my files. Nice capture