Chief Joseph Scenic Byway (WY 296)

This view is looking east from one of the many pullouts along this scenic road leading into the Northeast Entrance of Yellowstone. This is a 3 shot pano to give some sense of the extensive scenery. The redbeds of the Chugwater formation stand out nicely surrounded by the early spring greens. (R5, 24-105 @ 93, 1/400 s, f/14, iso 400)

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

What a grand and beautiful view! The pano works exactly as you intended showing the expanse of the scenery. The extreme pano works really well here. I like how the line of trees and the sky/clouds frame the interior landscape.

I think because of that long, skinny format my mind wants to see a little more top and bottom, especially where the line of trees pushes the bottom of the frame. But honestly, not an image killer as this is still a grand view.

Not picking up the redbud though. The only red I’m seeing is the exposed soil? Of course I wasn’t there so hard to know what I’m looking for. no biggie.

Thanks for sharing!

Lon

This is a grand view, Mark. We were blessed to visit out there in 2014 with some friends. Pretty country. The pano makes me feel like I am standing right there. Great view and well captured.

This is a wonderful grand view Mark. The pano works well to showcase this expansive beautiful area.

We will be visiting my son in Bozeman, MT in September and are planning a side trip to Yellowstone. Can’t wait to see views like this in person.