Grand Canyon North Rim Pano

Nikon D750 Nikon 24-120 at 48mm. 9 image panorama.

Red and orange luminance adjusted to bring out the rock color a bit. Dehaze on back canyon wall. Sky reduced in frame due to no clouds.

I liked the way the ridge line on the far right leads into the bottom of the canyon and the sunset view with part of the canyon lit up.

I don’t do a lot of pano images so looking for some input.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Andrew,

Given the bald and hazy conditions, I think you did as well as you could and this is a real nice panoramic. I agree and also like the diagonal of the ridge line. The foreground rock is tad bright, but is a nice foreground element. I do wish there was a bit more of the greens of the juniper. You also did pretty well cutting through the haze and allowing the distant mountain range to be included.

The only small nitpick I have is the dead branch in the LLC. You might consider cloning that.

Nice job with the pano.

Lon

I don’t know when this was taken or if it was during the fire season, but the haze was there in September. My suggestion would be to increase the saturation a bit to give a richer look to the scene. If you have more foreground in your original, it might increase the sense of depth.