Grand Canyon Evening

Nikon D750 Nikon 24-120, ISO 250, F16, 1/160

Comments and critiques please. I liked the evening light. Also a foreground element, the grand canyon and the mountains in the distance . Does this crop work ?

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This crop works very nicely as does the evening light, Andrew. I also like the interplay of light and shadow in the scene. Did you happen to stick around to see if the light got any warmer and added some color to the sky along with the canyon walls?

Thanks so much for your input. I try to learn from every post. I did stay later that evening but as the canyon floor filled with shadows the whole scene looked less appealing to me. I did not see the sky get better as I walked around that night. Staying right at the edge of the canyon gave me lots of great opportunities with little travel time to amazing vistas.

Andrew,

Pretty similar to your previous post in terms of time of day and lighting conditions; not the best or most dramatic light, but it’s still nice and not harsh. The comp works quite well also with both the foreground element as well as the inclusion of the distant peaks. No control of the haze thought. Like Ed, I like the shadow play in the immediate canyon.

Again no nitpicks really. I suppose you could pop the color/saturation, but that’s subjective and your call. The color/sat is quite natural as presented.

Lon