Chilling Out

Description:

Seal drifting in Glacier Lagoon in Iceland

Specific Feedback Requested:

any and all comments are appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Very cool…oh sorry, couldn’t resist. The environment really shouts here. Almost to the point of us missing the seal. Then it comes home how this animal makes its living and where it makes it and if not for us it would for generations to come. As it is this is a dying ecosystem and I feel sad and bereaved. Thanks even though I feel that way looking at this.

James, it took me a while to find the seal, as I was thoroughly enjoying the mix of blue and grey tones and interesting shapes throughout the view. The seal is a great highlight.

Kristen, your comments are very touching and certainly reflect your emotional attachment to our environment and the crisis that lies ahead. I hope your voice and the rest of us who share this deep concern will be heard. Thank you!!!

Shooting conditions in the lagoon are not the greatest, since you are on a small amphibious vehicle packed with people. I feel fortunate to have been able to get this image. Thank you for the comment!!

Hi James, I’m glad that you show the seal in the vast environment he inhabits and positioned off to the left a bit. Very nice DOF from foreground to background. He seems very much at peace in his world.