Clematissary

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

An ICM shot taken under an arch in the garden, with mauve clematis flowers and leaves - supporting wires on the right.

Specific Feedback

Does the blue-green triangle on the right add interest - or clash?

Technical Details

D500 + Helios 44-2 58mm 0.17sec f2 ISO 64

Slight adjustments to tonalities in PS.

What a wonderful a abstract. At first I asked myself if this was a nature image. Your explanation on the ICM in the garden registers well with me. You have powerful color and lines here, especially with the magenta and green.

1 Like

Mike,

The beauty of the ICM - there are no rules! So the bold colors are really making this one stand out. Of course I don’t know the original color, but from your description, they are probably already very colorful! I don’t mind the 'triangle" of blue-green colors, in fact I am really enjoying the color gradient and transition of colors.

This motivates me to get my camera out to the backyard! Springs colors abound in our modest gardern. Time for some fun! thanks for the inspiration.

Lon

1 Like

Hi Mike, awesome diagonal lines and of course the spectrum of colors are eye catching. I would have no idea what the true subject was unless told. I don’t mind the triangle on the far right corner. It works with the rest of the image. Thank you for posting!

1 Like