Clouded mountain

This is another of my first attempts to create B&W images

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome. Input on the B&W rendering are appreciated. Also, I have deliberately shown a lot of details in the mountain wall at the lower part of the image. Is it to much, or does it work? The details could have been reduced, e.g. by darkening that part of the image.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Ola, I think the amount of wall at the bottom is perfect. The wavy textures in it and the curvy ridgeline are a fine contrast to all of the horizontal layers in the main peak. You’re processing looks good.

I agree with Mark on the lower portion, Ola. The base rock anchors the scene and provides strong contrast with the extremely linear layered lines of the peak. A dramatic scene with the necessary cold atmosphere for the challenge. Nice job with the b&w conversion also. The contrast amplifies the layers throughout the image.

Both the composition and b&w conversion look great. The whites are white and the blacks are black. The tonality of the lower portion works well, being slightly darker than the upper part, but still showing plenty of detail (the stratigraphy is very cool).

@Mark_Seaver , @Gary_Minish and @Bonnie_Lampley tanks for your kind comments.

Hi Ola, I always appreciate detail in landscapes, especially in the foreground, so you did a fine job on that. Nice blacks and whites throughout and the fog lends an air of mystery to the whole scene. Plus, there are many interesting lines in the rock which reinforce the ruggedness of this scene.