Cloudless Sulphur Butterfly in the cone flowers

I went on a swamp tour this weekend with my local camera club. One of the motels there has planted a butterfly garden where I found this lone sulphur butterfly. I especially like the leg kick on this one.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D2, 300 f4L IS, 1.4x extender
ISO 400, f14, 1/800s

@allensparks.wildlife
2 Likes

Allen, a very nice look of this butterfly. Great details throughout the BF, and he sure showed off for you with that leg kick! Wonder what that was about. Maybe he was swatting off mosquitoes. :grinning:

I like the way you only have the crown of the coneflower he is on in focus, and all of the other are nice and soft, but we still know what they are. He shows up nicely.

Beautiful capture, Allen. Love the contrast of the background against the butterfly. The detail in the butterfly is outstanding. Very nicely seen and captured.

The yellow against the pink is really pleasing and so much detail!! I really need to brush up on my butterfly photography skills to reach this level. The little leg kick is terrific, too, like a tiny bit of joy if butterflies can feel joy. Marvelous.

Allen: One of my nemeses as I never seem to get a sulphur to sit still long enough for me to get a decent shot. On top of that its perched on a nice coneflower and the BG is terrific. I’m green with envy. Well done. >=))>

Awesome butterfly photo! It couldn’t have been better contrasting colors either! And I love the leg kick! Maybe he’s Irish doing a jig!

The pink bg sets the butterfly off well. Good details and comp. Well done.