Coffin Pond

I don’t usually compose 50/50, but there was too much empty sky above and below. As is is I still had to do some patching .
Franconia NH

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus EM5 MK2, 100mm, 1/10 sec @ f/6.7, ISO 200

5 Likes

Really sweet peaceful mood to this one and great color. I would be tempted to bring down the highs in the brightly lit top area, as I find it hard to stay down in the beautiful reflection and lake shore due to it. I would also do a little edge cleanup on the right lower edge.

Mike,
You will have to show me where this location is if we can make the trip in the fall of 2022. The pano format works nicely for this scene and the processing looks great as I absolutely love the color palette here. I could see the brightness right in the middle along the top of the frame lowered just a touch, but that is being pretty picky. I am also loving that reflection.

What an incredibly beautiful scene. I can see why you were attracted to this. It’s almost enchanting in a way.

This is just superb! What I really like here, and that I think works really well, is the brightness along the top edge of the image and to a lesser amount the brightness along the bottom edge. The green of the trees on either side of center really catch and hold my attention.

Mike, this is a beauty. I’m enjoying the mix of warm inviting colors top and bottom and the slightly melancholy quiet in the greens along the pond.