Cold Thunder

I don’t have a lot of snow images, but it’s been fun to look through the ones I do have. (I’ll have to get out and take more in the future!)

Earlier this week I posted Standing Out, and this image was taken the same day on the opposite side of the road. This is Horsetail Falls in the Columbia River Gorge, taken during a cold spell in December a few years back.

3 Likes

What a find! The shapes surrounding the waterfal are amazing. Some of them look like jellyfish :slight_smile:

Awesome! Great winter scene.

What a scene, John. I really enjoy the structure around the Falls. Very well done.

Sweet image, John. I love the rich tones and textures your processing has created; but what I find most captivating is the array of shapes the ice formations have taken on the back rock wall. As @Ron_Jansen has already mentioned, they do look like jellyfish. Nicely done.

Great image. The frozen water is fun to look at. My only wish is that I could see a little more of the scene. Not a lot, just a little wider.

John, the frozen shapes are amazingly organic. The stream of falling water also looks good. Quite a mix of ice and snow both around the pool and on the sides.

John,
This is an awesome image! Love it

Wow, this is very cool. The icicle shapes are so interesting, and your treatment of them is excellent. I’m with Jeremy on wishing to see just a tad more width-wise. Nonetheless, this is wonderful.

Not much in the way of snow, but an awesome water/ice fall shot, John! I love the contrast between the straight, simple lines of the waterfall and all the complex and detailed ice formations. Quite a variety of ice formations also!

John: I’m one who would rather sweat than shiver but this makes me want to be there. A great find and a superb comp, capture and conversion. Most excellent.>=))>