Color Pop

A joke in our household is that something new shows up in the reef tank whenever my wife goes out of town. My response to her question asking when the new creature showed up is that it has been in the tank a while. It takes from anywhere from a month to a half a year for her to detect something new. This is a male melanurus wrasse that can be found in the tropical reef areas of the Pacific Ocean. I had an infestation of red flatworms and the wrasse gobbled them up. Enjoy the rainbow.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D850 105mm f2.8 micro + 1.4 TC (1/200 sec at f16, ISO 500, Off camera flashes: SB800 flash set at 0ev, 2 SB-R200 macro flashes set at -1.0ev). Crop for comp, levels, shadows and highlights, brightness reduction, Contrast increased. Flash provided all of the lighting which was used to eliminate the tank lighting which is balancerd, but heavily biased to blue wavelengths.

jameszablotny
2 Likes

Love the colors and the detail is excellent. Good job on the lighting.

1 Like

Gorgeous fish and very well photographed, Jim. You’ve really gotten your tank photography dialed in.

1 Like

Jim, this is awesome all the way around. And loved the story about new fish detection.

1 Like