Colorful combination

A photo from last autumn. I was going for the beautiful colored Acer-leaves, but when I came close I noticed a few Rhododendron cicadas trying to hide in the colors.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Panasonic DC-G9, Olympus 60mm Macro, F4.5, 1/30, Tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi Ellen,

You captured some excellent colors with this scene. You could try a vertical crop as well which will work for this image too. Sharpness is good and the colors are vibrant, but not overpowering. Well done…Jim

Ellen, you really captured some beautiful colors in this image. I didn’t realize that there was a Rhododendron Cicada, and that it changed colors with it’s environment. I agree with Jim that this might work better as a vertical shot, which would even give the viewer a better look at the Cicada. You have nice details in the subject, and a nice line of sharpness of the leaf out in front of him. A very pleasing image. Love the colors.

Ellen: What a great find and a fine capture. I like how the shallow DOF emphasizes the textures in the leaf and the critter. Most excellent.>=))>

Thats some color in there love the play of colors and seems the hopper is a part of that leaf. Am not sure abut the crop, so will not comment on that.
Balan Vinod