Colorful watchers

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

or how many faces can you find? This is a construct from an alternative view of my spot of green post. The original image was rotated 90 degrees and then mirrored to create this picture.

Technical Details

R5, 100-500 @ 451, 1/13 s, f/16, iso 400, tripod and 2 s timer. A 10 shot stack for edge to edge sharpness of the ice.

1 Like

Pretty cool, Mark. I see a wasp’s head at the top. Awesome.

Nice abstract photo. Zooming in I can see at least 60. Hard to know because I lost track of the small bubble sized faces.

Good grief Mark, this thing is chuck full of faces. Some I find friendly or funny. Others down right scary. I love it as presented with it’s amazing unending collection of faces… :raised_hand: A BIG HIGH FIVE.
I wonder if you thought about maybe trying to polarize it a bit. I use the NIK one at times for a second look. Just a thought… :thinking:

Looks like “Darth Vader” to me, Mark. A very nicely done “Darth Vader!” Love all the colors and textures.

Very cool, Mark. A lot of faces in this. I couldn’t count them all. This was a really good one for mirroring.

A remarkable image full of remarkable images. Love it.

Wow, this is so cool Mark! There are so many faces in the image. I’m normally not a fan of mirroring images but this one works quite well. Creative image and awesome work! I don’t have any improvements to recommend.

I’m still counting!! WONDERFUL!!

So unique and fascinating! Bravo!

Pretty cool abstraction! I like the pale greens and dark purples on the red brown and golden yellows of the comp. Awesome…Jim

Mark,

Outstanding! I think it’s been a while since we’ve seen a mirrored abstract like this - so fun! And what a awesome, natural image to create this mirrored abstract.

Faces - clearly, but creepy, crawly creatures too. One could spend a LONG time exploring all these. That darker central figure towards the top makes me think of a Polynesian Tiki God… or the like…

Kudos on recognizing the potential here. Love it!

Lon