Common goldeneye + repost

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Not the most beautiful pose, but why the duck was named Goldeneye is clear, I think.

Specific Feedback

Any and all.

Technical Details

Pentax K3 Mk. III, Pentax 150-450 @450mm, ISO800, f/6.3, 1/500 sec. Hand held.

Oh what a nice pose! Ducks are so fastidious.

It appeared a bit purple to me, so I brought it into Ps to see what was happening and it looks as though you have a ProPhotoRGB color profile attached which won’t display properly on the web. For that you need to embed sRGB when you export to a jpg or similar file. Even with ProPhotoRGB it looked a bit purple so I had a go with a few layers, it isn’t quite where I’d take it, but with a RAW file you have a lot more flexibility -

And I removed a few bits of the bigger surface debris. Hope you like it. It’s a sweet bird and I especially like the paddling feet!

Oh, I realize now that I only changed the mid tones in the Color Balance panel and you’d probably have better results doing Lights and Darks, too. Doh!

Thanks @Kris_Smith for your comments!
The image profile is sRGB, not ProPhoto, but you’re right that it has a color cast. I added a repost.
Removing some of the floating distractions is a good idea as well, so I cloned out the two most conspicuous spots. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Whoops, my bad. I never can quite get the hang of finding the color space in Ps. The repost looks good. If you like you can add it to your original post so we don’t have to scroll to compare. Just hit the little pencil icon, add the photo by dragging it to the dialog box and then edit the title so we know you’ve done it. Something like With Rework is all you need to do.