Common Yellowthroat and Meal

This is a 3 year old image I reprocessed today with new technology. It is a large crop; 20% of a 20 MP sensor and 600mm plus 1.4X. Having a big lens doesn’t get you a whole lot closer. I think there are some image quality issues here due to the large crop. There is a big difference between a 20 MP sensor and a 50 or 60 MP sensor that I use now. DOF could also be an issue with the 600…

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
iso 500, 600 plus 1.4X, f8, 1600th, 20% of 20 MP sensor or 4 MP.

You obviously nailed the focus on the warbler, David and that goes a long way to allowing for large crops. A pleasant image despite obviously being taken in pretty harsh light. Excellent processing.

Dreamy bokeh to let this little guy really stand out with its meal. Congrats.

Looks like a very nice image to me, David. Even enlarged, I don’t see many issues. Harsh light, yes but you handled it well. A great pose on a nice perch and a good bg.

Hi David
This photograph held up very nicely to the crop and smaller sensor. The detail and color are very good. Nice work.
Peter

Hi David,

Nice capture of these shy birds. You took advantage of this guy’s appearance with bonus prey. Not sure about the OOF wood on the LH side. Otherwise, I think it turned out nicely…Jim