Common Yellowthroat

I got out of the house this morning for the first time in close to 6 weeks. I specifically went to find this bird. Despite the promise of clear skies it was cloudy. Very tough to encourage these birds to be out in the open. I was lucky here.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 800, 100-400 plus 1.4X at 560 mm equiv., f8, 1000th, A7R4, handheld, 14 MP out of 61.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Cattails are really looking ratty this time of year, David. i remember a very similar shot I got a few years ago when we went out together, and I wish we’d had clouds that day. If I recall, the sun didn’t do either the cattail or the bird any favors. Very nice detail in the Yellowthroat and a great pose.

Yes you really got this one out in the open. A dandy shot David. Lovely bg and a really nice pose and the space just feels right.

Beautiful look at the yellowthroat with a nice background and perch.