Common Yellowthroat

Local fare. Taken yesterday morning under overcast skies.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 2000, 500mm, f6.3, 1000th, handheld, D500, 75% full frame

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Can it be better than this? I don’t think so… oh well, I could ask for a little more room at the top and bottom to become a 3:2 ratio but boy this is just gorgeous.

Great shot, David. The details and colors are really spot on, and the perch is really great with the stalks going slanted across the image. Very nice.

You have some really great detail here. Nice pose and diagonal perch that is not a brown stick. Pops nicely against the background.

Wonderful detail and soft light, David. The greenery and natural setting works well here.

Beautiful bird and the pose is terrific. Love the look toward us and the feet clinging to the diagonal grass. I’d see about backing off the sharpening some - plumage looks a little crunchy to me in the large version.