Common Yellow Throat

7DII, 700mm, f/6.3, 1/250, ISO400, 90% vertical crop from a horizontal. LR and I removed a few leave tips from edges and smudged over a couple highlights.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Great capture of this little yellow throat, David.

I especially like the fact you captured this guy mid song. The framing of the leaves at the top of the frame works for me. Nicely done!

This is a very pleasing setting for this Yellow Throat. Wonderful singing pose and very complementary background. Good job on the detail. Send a few my way from BC to down in the South Puget Sound.

Love the singing pose, detail on the bird, and the BG. In fact, I really like the BG. I almost got a shot of one of these fellows yesterday, but it wouldn’t have been as nice as this. My only nit is the OOF branch in the foreground. It’s a little distracting. I think you could also bump the contrast. Something like the below, although I think I was a little heavy handed:

A great singing pose and a superb composition, David. I love the out of focus leaves along the top. A beautiful image.

Thanks @ChrisNoronhaPhoto, @David_Schoen, @Lyle_Gruby and @Dennis_Plank. Your comments are appreciated.
The warbler does not have quite as much detail as I would have liked. I think it was because of a camera setting. David I am sure you do have these fellows around but if not be patient. As soon as the weather turns they will be passing by on their way south.
Lyle nice job on the contrast. It pops the green bg up for sure. And I can see why that oof fore ground limb would bother some. I would have preferred it more in focus but I think removing it would change the feel of bird in habitat so it stayed.

Excellent image. I like the point of view on this, looking up. Great capture with nice composition - I am all right with the contrast in your original; too much of a boost looks unnatural to me.