Common Yellow Throat

Common Yellow Throat singing. Goose Lake Prairie Grundy County, Illinois

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What can I do to make this better?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Should this be cropped closer?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn) Canon T5i, Sigma 150-600C, Iso 3200 due to overcast conditions,
F6.3, 1/640 of a second.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A nice look at the yellowthroat and a nice singing pose. I could see this cropped tighter if possible and maybe some judicious pruning of the branches. I generally try to avoid, if possible, branches coming out of the head.

Excellent color on this one. I like the pose and they do hang out on grassy perches. I’m okay with the crop but would also be nice to see it a little larger. And I would clone the branch coming out of the head as Allen suggested

A great singing pose, Brian. You could crop it just a bit from the left and bottom. it holds up well at the screen size level, but when I go to the maximum, there’s a loss of detail in the bird that would start to show if you cropped it very tightly. I suspect part of that is the noise reduction needed for iso 3200. A very nice image.