Common yellowthroat calling.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Common yellowthroat at one of my favorite ponds. Taken last year. I wasn’t so lucky last weekend when I went out shooting in the same location.

Technical Details

Iso 8000, 400+1.4 X, F8, 2000th, handheld, Sony A1, 25% of full frame

Wonderful singing pose from this guy, David. One of the best poses I’ve seen. The detail is outstanding and that decrepit old cattail top makes an interesting perch.

I have no issues with this image. Beautiful BG, crisp details, and agree with Dennis on the fantastic perch. All fits together like a puzzle to make an ideal comp. Common yellowthroats are one of my target species, but I have never got one photographed like this one. Awesome…Jim

Dennis and Jim pretty much said it all. We get this bird here, but I’ve never seen one. If I do, I could only hope for a pose and perch as good as this.

Beautiful photograph! I love the action you captured! I would also be curious to see more of the cattail if you have that too…could be a great portrait configuration.

David, beautiful up close image, a greats soft background and a high performance singing pose. Agree that more stump or perch if it was interesting might add to the image.

Wonderful singing pose with a head turn toward us - awesome! Lovely BG and interesting perch. Terrific capture! All looks great to me.

Gorgeous in every respect – but (at least the JPEG here) is suffering from a bit of oversharpening. This is such a lovely capture it would be a good investment to re-visit the sharpening.

I agree it is a little crunchy; probably from Topaz.

David, I’m coming in late on this, but I would like to say that you really captured a fine pose of him singing. Timing was perfect.