Coyote in the Grass

I followed this guy for quite a while. He was hunting, rolling in the grass, and just having a good time.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 1D IV, 500mm f/4, 1/500sec @ f/6.3, ISO 400.

2 Likes

David, nice catch on “the shake”. It’s often fun to see that most animals shake selectively, starting at their head and moving down the body and this view with the head sharp, ears and neck motion blurred and rear half still shows that well. The coyote looks good as does the grass.

Oh super! The shake is pretty excellent. Coyotes are so interesting, congrats on getting to spend time with one. I’ve never had the pleasure although often I hear our local band out partying in the early hours of the morning.

A nice capture of this little coyote, David! I like how the slower shutter speed captured the progression of the shake down its body!

A great image of a dog doing what a dog does. I don’t know much about coyotes, but surprised at how at ease he seems to be. Our dingoes and wild dog (feral) seem to be constantly on the lookout for people and will take off quick.

I’m not sure if it’s my old eyes but I think there could be a slight magenta cast over the dog. I took the image into ACR and used the White Balance eyedropper. I also reduced the Greens.

1 Like