Coyote with Mouse + Re-post

Original

Re-post

I added a light burn to the lower grasses.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I had been photographing birds when this coyote made an appearance. It moused quite a ways out of range but caught one and for reasons known only to the coyote, it came in closer. It stopped in a lighter patch of grass for a bit to look at me when I took a few frames. I liked his pose and the framing by the straw colored grasses.

Specific Feedback

Would you burn the lighter colored grasses the coyote is standing in or leave it as is?

Technical Details

1/3200, f/8 and Auto ISO.

1 Like

We had a cat that would do that – Look what I caught!!! But seriously, an excellent image! The coyote is so nicely sharp and detailed, with good lighting and a perfect environment. T ink a simple gradient burn from the bottom to about halfway up the OOF FG grass would work well to give a little base.

1 Like

It’s great that it moved closer for you. I like the way the OOF areas in front and behind the coyote frame him so neatly. I wouldn’t have thought to do it on my own, but I really like @Diane_Miller’s suggestion. Thanks for this image!

Diane and Denise: thank you for your comments. Diane: I liked your idea and added a re-do incorporating a burn to the lower grassses.

A stunning frame and repost is so much better !
A look at a larger post is must, to admire this image !

Cheers :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I did not fully appreciate the improvement until I took @JRajput’s suggestion. My first reaction to this image was AH. What a great moment in the life of a handsome animal.

J Rajput ang Barbara: thank you for having taken the time to look and comment. Richard

Repost is excellent, but I also like the original post. Great expression and the coyote provided a great pose for you well done…Jim

I don’t want to confuse you, but I really like the original post best. The light grass makes the mood brighter and the photo nicer to look at. So I wouldn’t do any burning at all. I love the shot - what a gorgeous animal in a great moment!
Grt, Ingrid.

Jim and Ingrid: thank you for your comments. While I like both versions, I prefer the lighter original as well. Cheers, Richard