Coyote Capture

Sometimes when I’m down at a nearby wildlife refuge I get lucky and see a coyote. They always seem to be relatively indifferent to my presence. I spotted this one from the road unsuccessfully poking around in some weeds for a vole? It finally gave up and wandered off, not before I was able to snag some clean shots of it. This is my favorite.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I like the pose and the lighting. In a perfect world I would’ve preferred it being on some natural terrain and not a gravel road. Does the cropping decision work?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, hand held, 1/3200th, f 8.0, 750mm, ISO 900, cropped to 5392 x 3592, Photo AI

3 Likes

Hi, I like the crop…it could even be slightly looser. And the gravel road is what it is…I rarely see coyotes and they are usually on an urban street if I do. I also like the soft pallet of colours.

A nicely captured photo, Dave. I actually kind of like him on the gravel road.; it breaks up the monotony of the green grass. Nice colors in his fur and the photo is exposed well. A good clean shot with lots of detail, and the crop looks good to me. Well done.