Crabtree Falls

I found this image just hanging around on the hard drive. I don’t think I posted it before, but my apologies if I did. At the time my wife and I were staying in our camper at Big Meadows Campground in Shenandoah NP, VA. It had rained the night before so we decided to take a drive down the Blueridge Parkway and find this lovely waterfall. I did manage to get a couple of images that I liked pretty well and this is one of them. It would have been even better if the rhodie had been in full bloom, but the splash of warm color is still nice addition to the scene.

As always thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D700, Nikon 17-35 @ 25mm, f 22 @ 0.3 sec, ISO 400, CPL, cable release & tripod

1 Like

Hi Ed, this reminds me of Fairy Falls in the Columbia River Gorge here in Oregon. Very nice scene, and the colors and shutter speed are perfect. Great composition too. Nothing to change but sit back and enjoy.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Ed, I really like the diagonal flow of this image and the overall warmth. And a beautiful composition as well.

1 Like

Great shot Ed. This is a keeper for sure. The flow direction and the shutter speed make this a wonderful shot.

1 Like

Beautiful greens balanced with those nice pink flowers and those textures in the water are amazing. Well done :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice shot, Ed. Nothing to critique from me other than the fact you can’t control nature re: the rhodies. You’ll have to take me to this falls someday.

1 Like

Many thanks to everyone @David_Bostock, @Tom_Nevesely, @John_Pedersen, @Blake_Randall and @Michael_Lowe for taking a moment to leave your thoughts; always appreciated. Glad you folks enjoyed the image.

@Michael_Lowe: Next time we head down to Shenandoah I can show you where this lovely waterfall is located. It seems to me it was 1-1 1/2 hours south of Big Meadows CG. I would have to check to be sure.