Creekside

I found some nice light on a hike along a Utah creek.

D810, 24-70mm

Nice light indeed. I think you’ve captured a nice warm feeling here.

Nice shot. I would try to recover some of the reds in LH rock face. They seem to be blown out according to the histogram.
:vulcan_salute:

I like the composition, and your processing of the warm reflected light here. But that lone yellow tree is what really makes the image for me, it makes a wonderful resting place for your eye after it follows the curve of the cliff. My only suggestion relates to the rock in the LLC, it is both bright, and partially cut off. I think this minor distraction could be handled either by cloning it away , or cropping just to the right of it. A crop would make the yellow tree slightly larger in the frame, and that would be the way I’d go if this were mine. But that’s a nit, to me this image is really about the sweet light and tree.

Harley, I’ve always liked images that lead us into the distance with a bit of guard rails if you will. The canyon walls provide that look and feel very nicely…:+1:
I do feel the area Michael mentions could use some fine tuning in the highlights. No doubt a challenging spot with the bright suns impact. But it looks to be totally fixable there…:thinking:

Harley,

Lot’s to enjoy about this image. Strong comp with the creek and wall leading the eye in to the frame to the lone tree and vegetation.

I agree with most Ed’s comments and I find the tree to be the center of attraction - or at least where the eye wants to settle; just a natural progression for the eye.

At to that, for me, I think the big, bold wall in the UL quad to a little bright, taking away from the tree. I thought it would be best to illustrate rather than describe, but my thought was to lessen the impact of the wall with it’s brightness, and at the same time, boost the presence of the tree and vegetation that the eye is leading to naturally; kinda flipping the presence and importance of the lovely light you encountered.

May not be your vision, just a thought to consider.

Harley, I like the warm inviting quietness of this view. The stream and wall lead well to the glowing tree. I too was thinking that the bright wall at the top was a bit too bright. The foreground rocks and how they swing across the frame on the right are good also. This shot captures very well what folks hiking the canyons of Utah see.