Crested Butte

I was attracted to the foreground mounds and colors. Sunset. BTW those are ducks on the lake.

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition and processing

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
24mm f/11 1/15sec iso 125

Restful with so much texture - the bushes and the water (ducks!) both. You could have a try creating a path of light leading from the LLC to the URC and the butte. Some darkening of the bushes in the extreme right side would do it as well as maybe a touch in the green bush on the left. Is the sky a little too blue? Possibly. Good bones here though. The colors in the vegetation are really great.

Nice, autumnal colors in the FG. The glow on the mountainside is a bonus. I would clone out the ducks. They’re just indistinguishable spots and don’t add anything to the image.

The light on the butte and it’s reflection are very good. There’s also a nice collection of colors in the foreground bushes. This spot has lots of possible alternatives, like some light on the foreground bushes to let their colors show better. I like the ducks, they are quite a gathering. I could also see this cropped to 4x5 keeping the right hand side.

THank you for all the comments @Kris_Smith @Mark_Seaver @Michael_Lowe . I attacehed another version just for opinions. Left the ducks in though Michael.

The sunlight on the mountain is a tad too green to me. I would shift it more towards yellow/orange. But other than that, I think this gorgeous. I also like the duck!

I think both the original and the rework have balanced compositions, but in different ways. I think I prefer the original composition, but with some dodging and warming of the lighter tones in the foreground bushes. Perhaps something like this, used a TK Lights 1 mask to dodge, but also dodged wiht a light yellow brush instead of white to add warmth and dodge (color dodging)…

Don’t know how I missed this one. I love it Mario. The sky has that wonderful blue gradient you often see and the shadows make the mountain pop. I also like Ed’s rework but by brightening the shadows the sunlit area seem less special. Something between the two maybe. The composition is really good. I just think you had good light. Keep the ducks imo.