Culmination

Again Bear Creek. What attracted me is the subtle, muted color in the face of the power of the cascade. It took a lot not to process this in B/W…I think works better in color.

Specific Feedback Requested

Color or B/W?, any and all…

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
200mm, f/18, 1/3 sec , iso 100

3 Likes

Hi Mario! I really like the colors, they’re very soft and I think it would be a shame to hide them with black and white. Just my opinion. Nicely seen!

I like this little river detail Mario. This is a very unique type of composition, but one that works really well. I think the color works well here.

The only thing I would suggest is a slight crop off the right to eliminate the small dark spot on the edge about 1/4 of the way down, and a bit of desaturation to the dark area on the top edge just left of center. That area felt a little too green for me. This is what I worked up:

A nice small scene of the creek, it works very well. I support the changes proposed by @Craig_Moreau.

Thanks all @Craig_Moreau @Ola_Jovall @Vanessa_Hill . I agree on crop and did it but I cannot seen the green, maybe my monitor?

Another beautiful image. I understand and respect the comment made.

However, with this genre of image any change is legitimate. The subject is the nuances of the whole scene and a little touch here or a variation there generates a whole new presentation which is a unique work.

Thanks for posting your work.

The greenish tint was very subtle, so it may be monitor differences.

This turned out quite nice, Mario. Very impressionist look to it and nicely abstract. I like Craig’s changes as well. Good choice to leave it in color. It works well.

Very well done Mario, @Harley_Goldman comments sum up my thoughts nicely, and I don’t have much further to add. What I like most here is how the water motion is moving in multiple directions, yet overall the image still feels very cohesive.

This is an interesting composition. However, I think a faster shutter speed could have given that water more definition. I also thought a bit of color could be introduced.

another crop option:

This is very nice Mario, love this photo.

Thanks so much for all the comments suggestions and editing @paul_g_wiegman @Ola_Jovall @joaoquintela @Harley_Goldman @Igor_Doncov @Ed_McGuirk . Igor…I really like the final image crop. I am always reluctant to take colors very far from the original but I think adding more is really adding to the abstract nature.

The shutter speed provides a great balance of texture and flow and your exposure looks good. The compositional lines keep my eye engaged throughout the scene. I agree that color was a good choice for this image.