Cygnus wide field

The Cygnus constellation region of the Sky.
North America nebula is the bright nebula on the lower left (looks like North America continent rotated), The tiny Crescent nebula which is a favorite of people with big telescopes is the small bright crescent on the right side. 5000 light years away.
Most of the stars have been removed from this image leaving the Nebula clouds which my modified camera with a hydrogen alpha filter brings out.
Image taken at Prineville dark sky park, Oregon
Bortle 2

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Modified Nikon D610
Rokinon 135mm f2 lens
45-2 minute light frames
15 dark, 15 flat, 15 bias
Stacked and stretched in Astropixel
Final processing in Capture one, Affinity photo

1 Like

Looks like nobody has commented on this image. Perhaps, like me, they aren’t comfortable giving advice on astrophotography. To me this looks basically like an abstract but when I look closer the really tiny stars are everywhere in the dark areas. The image looks like red clouds in a night sky to me but I suspect I shouldn’t be looking at it from that point of view. There are a couple of eye magnets where the red is solid with no tonal variation. I would look into that. On is above your name about 1/3 of the way up and the other is left center. Actually there are quite a few such areas. Also, the lighter tones are orange except for the larger mass on the left which is pink. I actually like the pink but the transition from orange to pink seems abrupt. Since all these colors are generated by software perhaps there is little modification available to the image maker.

Thanks Igor…
I appreciate the review, I agree I maxed out the color in a few area.
They really are massive clouds in space, so Red Clouds in a night sky is not far off…
There is some misconception about the color, it is not software generated, The hydrogen alpha filter simply show the HA color on the spectrum, much like the filters used by the Hubble telescope.
My images come out of the camera Red or shades of it, the pinks and oranges are also there.
I darken the non nebula gases areas to show what people visualize space as…
Some use Oxygen filters which show the blues of oxygen gas in space.
There are various filters used.
The colors are not made up, they are the spectral colors of the various gasses that make up the universe.