Dahlia variety: Clearview Jonas

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is a very spectacular semi-cactus type of dahlia from Jenny’s dahlia garden. I took some studio components outside and set up the basic shot. I used a light tent with a black velvet background in order to preserve the natural light, but soften the shadows. I also set the Z9 for auto stacking and took over 50 photos and stacked them with Zerene Stacker. I chose this flower for its subtle and vibrant colors and the curling of the petals created some nice, soft shadows.

Technical Details

Z9 60mm f2.8 Micro, tripod (53 images: 1/2000 sec at f3.5, ISO 160) Zerene Stacker (PMax), Levels, Topaz DeNoise AI, slight rotation clockwise, crop for comp…Jim

1 Like

Beautiful job, Jim. The stack looks perfect, the colors are awesome and I like the lighting. A fine image.

1 Like

Gorgeous bloom with lovely colors and shapes, well photographed and presented!!

1 Like

Beautiful colors and details throughout, Jim. A wonderful image with surgical sharpness , I guess 50 images from the Z9 will do that. The yellows in the center are magic.

1 Like