Clearview Jonas Image II

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This particular dahlia has continued to open up and I like the lemon yellow color against the pale pink. I did push the exposure on these stacked images and left enough details present in the brightest areas within reason. Under-exposing a flower like this will muddy up the colors.

Technical Details

Z9 60mm f2.8 micro (1/400 sec at f5.6, ISO 80, 70 image PMax Stack) Topaz DeNoise for sharpening, Levels, Black Point reset, Reduction in Exposure and Highlights, slight bump up in Kelvin degrees for WB, Canvas rotation, Crop for Comp…Jim

1 Like

Lovely and delicate. Nice job on getting all the details throughout. It seems to me like the color of very center of the bloom that hasn’t opened yet is a little muddy. Beautiful flower.

1 Like

Colors and detail are excellent as usual. 70 images! Was there much need for retouching with that many?

1 Like

Another beautiful image of this bloom, Jim. I like the way you handled the highlights, but I think the shadows could come up just a tiny bit to give the lower and central part of the bloom a bit more pop.

1 Like

Achingly sharp details!! The center does have a lower exposure but it looks completely natural to me, as the petals explode out. I love the color fade to pinkish on the outside ones. No nits!

1 Like