One Dahlia.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We received a couple dahlia tubers as a gift from our daughter last year. It produced one bloom (probably due to my inadequate gardening skills), but it was a beauty. I took several photos, but this was my favorite.

Specific Feedback

How about the crop, especially the bottom petal? Also, the brightness?

Technical Details

Canon 5dMKIV; 24/70 @ ?; 1/25th sec.; 1600 ISO (not sure why so high); 7.1; WB: Auto.

4 Likes

Beautiful backlighting on this flower, Jim. I tend to crop this kind of shot square, but I’m a symmetry nut. No nits on this beauty.

Jim: Ditto what Dennis said. Backlighting does so much for a lot of flowers and this is no exception. Very nicely done. >=))>

Hi Jim! This is a beautiful shot! I love the backlighting and the crop is fine for me. Next year you’ll probably get several blooms so have the camera ready! :laughing:

Such unusual color - shades from lemon yellow to a teal green. So interesting and different. Nice fade to white, too.

@Bill_Fach @Dennis_Plank @Steve_Kennedy @Kris_Smith Thank you for your nice comments. Hopefully, it will have several flowers next year. I’ll plant a few more in hopes that they will profusely bloom.

Beautiful Image!!! I really like the flow of the pedals and the Tone of the photograph !!!

@Gill_Vanderlip Thank you.