Damsel Antics

The constantly wipe out dew from their eyes , and some other antics can be seen through the view finder, at about 2 x magnification.
Yellow striped blue dart.

6DII, 70-200, 36 mm Ext, Raynox , 800 ISO, F 29, 1/80

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

balanvinoddotcom
1 Like

That is fabulous - great detail and color, plus that little gesture is great. They’re pretty enchanting little things. Have you tried different crops for this? I bet 4:5 would be pretty sweet.

I love damselflies and admire how you focused in on the face and captured details. I never think of insects as wiping dew from their eyes, but it makes sense. I like how you convey that gesture and draw us into connecting with a moment in the life of a damselfly.

Beautiful details! It kind of looks like he’s smiling and waving at you! Great capture!

Another wonderful shot of the face of a damselfly, Balan. It does look like he is waving at you, which makes it even more special. Wonderful details in those pretty blue eyes. Getting down to eye level makes this portrait. Great shot.

Great shot. The “Hi there” gesture takes it up another level. If it were only holding a tiny camera (my imagination gets a little carried away sometimes). Excellent.

Balan: Your work with damselflies just sets a standard. This is marvelous. Exceptionally well done. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Those blue eyes are very striking, Balan. Catching it wiping its eye makes it extra special. It looks like it’s missing part of its right front leg so it can’t wipe the other eye.

Many thanks mark, the missing right leg is folded and in its mouth…

Balan Vinod