Dance of Shiva

Marshgrass in the ice at Lubberland Creek preserve in Newmarket, NH. Shot with the OM 90mm f2 legacy lens at probably f11 or 16. I was entranced by the light, the color combination and the strange almost abstract quality of this little slice of the marsh.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any ideas for improvement are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Tripod

Lr procressed for wb adjustment and the usual inputs for contrast, clarity, texture, sharpness & nr. Also a little color management - luminance changes for the orange and blue channels.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

It’s a good looking section of marsh and grass Kris. The side lighting really lights up the grasses. The gold does seem too strong, even for early/late light.

Kris, I like the stepping back into the distance feel of this. Nicely seen. I also like that you cut the grasses off in the top so we don’t see anything else.

I like this scene, Kristen. The juxtaposition of the cold ice and the warm light is very interesting.

Thanks @Mark_Seaver, @David_Bostock & @Gary_Minish - I admit to cranking the color sliders a little here, but not as much as you’d think. To offset a little, I increased the luminance in the orange and/or yellow channel as well. Salt marshes are so incredible and special. I miss them.