Dark-eyed Junco

From the same session as my last post. The Juncos like to hang out in the Douglas Fir branches before coming in to feed. They have a few favorites that are protected behind but open in front and this is one of them.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything you notice. I burned the out of focus background branches quite a bit to reduce their distraction-did it work?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 531 mm, gimbal head mounted to blind, f/8, 1/250, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Noise reduction using Topaz AI Clear. Cropped to 11 MP. Taken at 10:55 am under cloudy skies.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I really like Juncos… the exposure is perfect and the habitat suits it well…the PP makes it pop nicely.
I watched them flit in the yard, flashing their feathers, and have thought about what it would take to get a flight shot…
I have never seen one, would be incredible…

Hmmm. Flight shot of a Junco. They are around in the summer, so it’s possible to get enough light. It’s either that or flash, I think, unless we get a really bright winter day-maybe a bit of snow to reflect the light?

It would be really cool.

Really pretty shot. I love the setting. Detail on the bird is excellent. Must have done a good job burning because I don’t see anything too bright in the BG.