Datura Dreams

After watching the AMA session with Kathleen Clemons, and being confined to home, I picked a Datura blossom from my neighbor’s yard (with permission :laughing:) and had a good time doing some ICM with this layered blossom. It’s a complex, non-symmetrical one, and I turned the lens slightly in a circle about 3 turns. Blended in the camera.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: ISO640, 100macro, f/ 2.8, 1/320 sec.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Kathy: I’m a big fan of your creative instincts and this just confirms it. Nicely conceived and superbly carried off. :+1: :+1:>=))>

A very pretty and delicate looking creation, Kathy! Good vision for the possibilities and nice execution to bring it to fruition. Lots of layers for the challenge also! Very well done!

Really beautiful image, and I love your idea on how to make it. The image shows me a delicate and graceful flower blossom. Just gorgeous.

Kathy
This is so awesome!!! Love it!

Beautiful and intricate layering, Kathy. Excellent conception and execution.

Gorgeous. It looks like chiffon fabric, all folded up.

Kathy, this looks great there’s a really fine sense of motion in your multiple shots. The white flower creates a fine sense of a breezy chiffon drape. Are you sure you didn’t ingest some of the datura??? :wink: :grin:

1 Like